Author Topic: Q to hosters  (Read 6940 times)

Grief-Code

Q to hosters
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:57:31 am »
Hey,

me and Neubivljiv was mainly now back to one of our first ideas:
Since there no more DotA League, i mean real league not only hosters like dotavoid or smth similair, we thought about making our own league.

However we thought the best system we ever had on hosting operators for this was in the past by hans2 with the DIV bots, everyone who wanted could host a own bot with precompiled .exe and UNIX exec files.
What im askng currently is, would we reach enough hosters who would join this?
The hosters require only the normal files, the exec file and a minimaliezed cfg file, where they can set their name as 'rootadmin', and some other small things. The bots are connected to a central database where all games datas will be stored, and this however with OHSystem (live games [good news, it will be expanded soon hopefully :)], gamelist, top page, exp system, rewarding, goal system). The league will have an own site where to get the latest news, and we will host from our server i think 5 basic bots.
The league will grow with the amount of hosters, we will manage it regarding to the DIV bots, balance system, score gain and similair things. It will require a bit time until we have made the basc idea and concepts.

So now its up to you. How many of you would actually support us on this project and create with us a central 'station' for DotA hosters and may create the greatest BNet relating DotA League?

I hope we can find on this project enough hosters and supporters, you can be a part if it, keep it in mind  :)

Regards

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
Re: Q to hosters
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:39:17 am »
I can provide you one hostbot [50 running games max if without gcb, or 10 running games max if with gcb, because gcb eats my CPU] on my hardware in Moscow, just for you to have server in Russia, if you need it.

However i think, that we should continue develop openban and develop also shared stats between all bot's. So all games on BNet and Garena will be good, no leavers, good balanced (if auto-balance enabled or there are good admin).
I'm offering most advanced Warcraft 3 bot hosting.

Feel free to contact me:
E-Mail: admin@rusdota.net

Grief-Code

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:51:10 am »
Sounds great.

I think we uakf.b probably stops with that.
I will ask Neub if he can join and develops on that something.
We can fully integrate that. If you are interested we have confirmed maphack bans and I still don't have a problem to share them. However for now if you are interested send me on its best a message on ohsystem.net/forum

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:06:48 pm »
Sounds great.

I will ask Neub if he can join and develops on that something.
We can fully integrate that. If you are interested we have confirmed maphack bans and I still don't have a problem to share them.
Maybe Skype would be better? It would be good if you can add openban script on your web, so i can request it to get banlist. Mercifully, uakf.b did this two months ago for ENT banlist. The main aim here is to do central banlist database with an ability to get these ban's (for every bot's owner) and to filter it.

I am not sure how to translate some phrases you said :) I highlighted some words in red color, which should not be here (i think) :D
I think we uakf.b probably stops with that.
However for now if you are interested send me on its best a message on ohsystem.net/forum

Feel free to contact me:

Grief-Code

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:23:35 pm »
Ok.

However I talked with neu about that, hr is fine with the idea to create a central database for bans

So I don't know if he want to create his own script or if uakf.b shared it etc.
When I'm back at home (tomorrow) we can discuss details and I think we have then a way how to share bans. We are growing currently  a lot so we will have a huge pool on data avaible for bans :-P

Grief-Code

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 12:29:24 pm »
Oh and btw.

The main problem in seeing is the different field in the databases. We have some more fields like country, iprange etc in our ban table. I see there potential conflicts :-P

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 12:35:22 pm »
Ok.

However I talked with neu about that, hr is fine with the idea to create a central database for bans

So I don't know if he want to create his own script or if uakf.b shared it etc.
When I'm back at home (tomorrow) we can discuss details and I think we have then a way how to share bans. We are growing currently  a lot so we will have a huge pool on data avaible for bans :-P
It's on Github. You don't need to create your own. It's just upload, change database settings in config and add 1 API key for me to get your bans. There are enough big and small communities. If we combine them all - this will be effective banlist.

Oh and btw.

The main problem in seeing is the different field in the databases. We have some more fields like country, iprange etc in our ban table. I see there potential conflicts :-P
It's meaningless. Script chooses only needed fields from 'bans' table. And outputs this list. It ignores other fields.

Feel free to contact me:

Kelthar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »
I (Felhound Hosting) would join in with a few bots (probably 7).

I might also be able to get a central database server if needed.

Grief-Code

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 02:47:18 pm »
Database will be on our server.

However we will first launch it on our servers and later add the option for others to join us.
The idea is to make the full things automatic.
The same idea will be partly added to ohsystem.

CFG settings via mysql, mysql keylist with automatic pcking and usages on free keys etc.

But this require a bit time, since we working on so many thngs at the same time :-S
However everyone will be able to host, he just need to ask to be whitelisted, the bots will be based on the database, except the option that you can set yourself as rootadmin.
The full rest will be handled on the database connection ;-)

With ohsystem we have 'doubled' the cfg settings :-P So yea you can imagine it take some time to add it and make it runable ;-)
Also we need to configure a ssl security etc. :-)

So glad to hear that you are supporting us on that idea. I think it will take another month until we are ready ;-)
The full project is probably also on a private source, so you cant keep track of the process :-/

Anyway if you are interested how we are going just ask me :-)

Regards

Kelthar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 03:01:56 pm »
Also, make sure the keys are in no way accessible by memory explorers, among other things. I have no idea how, maybe through obfuscation or something.

There are always people with, let's say, less noble intentions.

Grief-Code

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »
Yea ofc.

Keys will be probably difficult.

Freaky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 04:43:18 am »
I got a VPS with 8GB RAM and access to two cores of a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz. No idea about the connection but it uploads maps @ ~2mb/s. It's only used for a small forum and a Teamspeak 3 Server with 32 slots so there should be no problem to have it host some games.

Sir Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 10:16:08 am »
Well given that I had very close contact to hans2 even after he disappeared, I can say that the version you have in your head was only the original version. Afterwards the concept changed a lot, after latency and cheating problems, there were only a handful of trusted hosts the could host the DIV bots.

I have a pretty much closed system for the exact same reason, and you wouldn't believe how often people have tried to hack and copy it.

Kelthar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 04:09:46 pm »
I'd say gather a handful of respected hosts and run the bots only with them (or maybe I can say us? :3). Let's be honest, out of the remaining, how many would actually host quality bots?

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:27 pm »
I'd say gather a handful of respected hosts and run the bots only with them (or maybe I can say us? :3). Let's be honest, out of the remaining, how many would actually host quality bots?
Well, i don't think you are using something special :)
ENT/LunaGhost is the best, i know.

Any bot's placed in good data-center, should be fine. Correct bot sources and non-Windows may be a plus.

Feel free to contact me: