Author Topic: ghostpp.com - Welcome!  (Read 9442 times)

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ghostpp.com - Welcome!
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »
I've just created ghostpp.com due to codelain.com being down for an extended period. Hopefully the Warcraft III host bot community doesn't die! If you can, we'd appreciate it if you could tell others who were at codelain about this new website.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:34:43 pm by uakf.b »

raizen

• View Profile
Re: ghostpp.com - Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:31:10 pm »
will never die '-'

Grief-Code

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:39:27 am »
Hopefully it will never die.
Thanks for the email btw, i would have never know this.

Well I thought its temporairly as a spam protection, but when Neub asked me two days ago i realized it is already since 2 weeks, a bit too long.

So is this forum might a temp solution until the old one is back and fixed with the issues?

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 03:43:42 am »
Let's hope codelain will back soon. It's not good to start from zero.
I'm offering most advanced Warcraft 3 bot hosting.

Feel free to contact me:
E-Mail: admin@rusdota.net

Venmade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:57 am »
codelian nice site, I hope everything will work

spain88kaos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:08:34 am »
hello thx for you mail

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 09:13:36 am »
Hopefully it will never die.
Thanks for the email btw, i would have never know this.

Well I thought its temporairly as a spam protection, but when Neub asked me two days ago i realized it is already since 2 weeks, a bit too long.

So is this forum might a temp solution until the old one is back and fixed with the issues?
Let's hope codelain will back soon. It's not good to start from zero.

I agree, but I emailed leax a week ago and he still hasn't responded.

Grief-Code

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 09:22:37 am »
Maybe its not the sooo bad?

The current bots you see online are the new generation bots.
We have spent a lot time to optimize the bots in our solution, mostly with our own power and our own knowledge.
The codelain forum has a lot old topics, which where often repeated in some new topics but where already since years outdated. Just a reminder to the refreshhack. In my opinion codeain was gone more to an archive to look up things.. and this is normally based on wiki pages.

If we would create some small introduction and some guides how to install and start a FAQ for any possible error logs on the installation this forum would be as great as the old. At the beginning it will may happen that some questions are similair to some of codelain but does this hurt us to remind this and give the solution?
We can collect threads like 'how to show stats on join' in an archive or a wiki page and simple link people to this section.

Of course this ideas are always connected with a lot work, but if we made this once we are on a good position.
I already thought about adding to the default ghost++ bot annotations for each functions, so newer developer can join the bot more easier by understanding some functions.

This are just my thoughts, if you disagree i can understand this also.

Regards

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »
In my opinion codeain was gone more to an archive to look up things.. and this is normally based on wiki pages.
And newbies need them :)

Feel free to contact me:

Grief-Code

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 01:30:05 pm »
Indeed. Thats why i mean that we simple can add something like this to a Wiki page and we need simple link these topics.

If we have once central collection with all information where no one except specific people have access to,
we
  • have the option to handle also a new forum easily if this should be hacked also or smth similair to it.
  • the hacking on a wiki page would be a lot more difficult, also the location should be on its best at a long living server.

Regrads

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 01:38:16 pm »
Indeed. Thats why i mean that we simple can add something like this to a Wiki page and we need simple link these topics.

If we have once central collection with all information where no one except specific people have access to,
we
  • have the option to handle also a new forum easily if this should be hacked also or smth similair to it.
  • the hacking on a wiki page would be a lot more difficult, also the location should be on its best at a long living server.

Regrads
I like forum style more than wiki. I even don't enjoy visiting wikipedia. So i think, some forum topics (like in codelain) can still be useful.

Feel free to contact me:

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 01:53:30 pm »
The wiki is nice because anyone who is given an account there can edit stuff, and it handles keeping track of changes and all.

Grief-Code

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »
This is true, its similair to a svn or git by tracking the changes.
Already explored it a bit :-P

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »
The wiki is nice because anyone who is given an account there can edit stuff, and it handles keeping track of changes and all.
But not user-friendly. And it's the main option for me.

Feel free to contact me:

Grief-Code

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »
I think this is your personal view?

How do you think a archive of a forum is more userfriendly?
Just because users without knowledge can read the full step of a thread isnt always the best solution.
The steps between the question and the endsolution are mainly in multily pages with some stuff which arent relating to the endsolution. So it would be probably suggest sometimes diffrent things which arent important.
I can also remind you here on the refresh hack topic, the steps of the topic were like this:
- double and direct refresh
- zero refresh
- mgt

A wiki page is not the same way as a forum, but there is a search function which will show more results, but it can be also only one result with the exact target a user is searching for.

I remember that on codelain it was quit difficult to find a specific topic, because it hit so many results.
So there indeed some more advantages but also disadvantages.

Regards
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:24:58 pm by Grief-Code »