Author Topic: OH-Connect ~ The Concept  (Read 2877 times)

Grief-Code

OH-Connect ~ The Concept
« on: June 21, 2014, 10:52:24 am »
Hey guys, hosters and programmers,

I'm proud to announce that we lately started to work on a new Project which is founded on WC3.
We hope we get our support and also suggestions.

General Idea:
We will create a platform community and server platform which will be soon working like a Realm. Bots can simply connect to it. We hope we getting also some help of uakf.b relating back in time to ghostclient, and the way to build up the client etc.
The base idea at first is a web chat, where people can join diffrent rooms and chat together. Furtheremore bots can join the rooms and announce their games. With the connection we would be able to parse the games to WC3Connect and broadcast the games directly to the clients.
People can join directly from the chat by just clicking the gamename as example.
There is the plan to expand the whole idea later to different games.

Advanced Ideas:
The bots are also creating channels with there running games, people can join these rooms and chat directly to the players on the bots.
This does obviously require some modification on the bot side, it will be build directly into the ohsystem-ghost.
The login to the platform is crossover from facebook until steam to twitter and google.
Every hoster has the possibility to share statistics. We can create a statistic center to review your games the players who joined and also the runned daily games.
A gateway through IRC

Why:
I got this idea, because Garena has simple closed the connection from many countries which are hosting. And the main problem on Garena in the client, the new platform only requires java. All other things is web based. The new platform would also move players to a central location, as more people start to using it as more possible games running from unique bots and unique maps.

Now the question, would you as hoster support this idea, applying broadcast patches and connect to our realm?
The patches can be created from default ghost++, ent ghost until basic ghost1.

The general idea from scratch (screendesign) can be seen in the attachements.
We started already on CSS and  build up front end.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:56:32 am by Grief-Code »

LegendKid

• View Profile
Re: OH-Connect ~ The Concept
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:46:52 am »
There is nothing i could say but to give my support into this idea.
This would be great once will get implemented.

Goodluck!
Supported!

Kelthar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:54:57 am »
This seems nice.

As a first idea as well, when launching the system (during which there will be a population issue), you could setup an automated script that gathers games from the normal gamelist on several realms.

Objective would be to simply tell users "look, you lose nothing by using this, since it has backwards compatibility". Backwards compatibility wouldn't be perfect, but it should suffice to stop people from getting into the "if I move then I'll be all alone" mentality.

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:42 pm »
It seems to be a good idea. I personally will apply needed patches to my bots. I think uakf.b can do it too (lunaghost users will be also patched then, i guess).

As a first idea as well, when launching the system (during which there will be a population issue), you could setup an automated script that gathers games from the normal gamelist on several realms.

Objective would be to simply tell users "look, you lose nothing by using this, since it has backwards compatibility". Backwards compatibility wouldn't be perfect, but it should suffice to stop people from getting into the "if I move then I'll be all alone" mentality.
Isn't it requires something on bot's side? I guess the connection will be refused because realm is unknown. I am not sure how realms are working at the moment, but it's probably enough secured, so unknown connections will be refused.
I'm offering most advanced Warcraft 3 bot hosting.

Feel free to contact me:
E-Mail: admin@rusdota.net

Kelthar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:13:02 am »
Isn't it requires something on bot's side? I guess the connection will be refused because realm is unknown. I am not sure how realms are working at the moment, but it's probably enough secured, so unknown connections will be refused.

Only problem I see would be with spoof-checking. The realm source can be spoofed, so the client would obviously have to tell "I found this game on realm X, so join spoofing that realm". Now, maybe it'll be too much of a hassle to do this, so I'd just leave it as an "idea" rather than something that definitely has to be done.

And I'll also patch this into every bot I have, as well as my clients'.

dolarbaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 06:18:04 am »
good idea
keep on
;)

Grief-Code

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 04:48:39 am »
Good news!

We are working constantly in improving the current idea.
I could finally get the bot connected successfully and set up the client frame masking.

We have at the moment one bot running as testing, you can join via ohconnect.net and the current process.
However, you are maybe redirected to slashgaming.net, there you can simply register and click on the tab menu again on OHConnect, then there is once again a step on our statspage where you need to click again on OHConnect, but then you are there.
The reason is simply that our authentification system is currently going through the hosting platform to avoid to many splitted registrations. But there will be soon a stand alone registeration.
There is already a working real time chatting with people in games/lobbies, soon there will be something like a game parser, like on our live games (DotA events) and so on. It will be also possible soon to send commands, the work is probably still in progress.

Im looking forward to see some of you guys there soon. If you have any questions do not hesitate to write me there.

Regards,
G-C