Author Topic: No One Can Join Games  (Read 1901 times)

cegha04

• View Profile
No One Can Join Games
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »
Alright guys. EXTREMELY frustrated with this bot. I have played with it in excess of 5 hours trying to get it setup. Everything works perfectly except no one can join games. Everyone gets "Can't find game" or whatever the hell that error is. I have tried everything from configuring a loopback adapter to ports. Trying to run this bot on a custom hosted PVPGN server that I have full access over.

I have advanced knowledge of port forwarding. All ports needed are open. 100% sure that is not the problem. I did do port scans with the bot sitting in a hosted game room & verified THEY ARE OPEN. I do not understand the loopback adapter (what it's needed for) & PVPGN & Ghost++ are running on the same server which is a Windows 2012 R2 VM. Not sure if loopback doesn't work correctly anymore in Windows 2012, but setting it to the server or my public ip only results in it setting a messed up ip in the 169.xx.xx.xx range.

I thought loopback is only for people on the LAN to play. This is hosted on a private pvpgn server, no one is local on that lan. Everyone is connecting over public internet, so therefore I shouldn't need any loopback adapter from what i've read.

Seems this "no one can join games" shit is a MAJOR epidemic with a whole lot of no one with follow up answers.  Let's see if anyone here can solve this magical problem & actually document the answer for other people.

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No One Can Join Games
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:12 am »
So you've confirmed that you are able to connect to the port that the host bot should be running on? Something like
Code: [Select]
telnet [your ip] [your game port]Also is the game port in WC3 the same as the external port configured in the port forwarding?

cegha04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:06 pm »
Now maybe some confusion I do want to clear up. Bots are running on the same server/PC as PvP-GN. I don't know if this means I need to turn on the "game translation for clients" option since only bots will be on LAN, not actual players.

PvP-GN address_translation.conf
w3 route
192.168.10.2:6200      mydomain.net:6200      192.168.10.0/24           ANY

Bnetd.conf
servaddrs = ":" # default interface (all) and default port (6112)

#Not sure here what this value should be. I've left it default port 6112 which is what WC3 client port is.

w3routeaddr = "0.0.0.0:6200"

Ports 4000, 6200, 6112, 6113, & 16112 are ALL NATed to 192.168.10.2. I know 4000 is for D2 which i'm also trying to get squared away. 6200 should be WC3 server port (or something)? 6112 is client port. I think I read 6113 also needs forwarding, or it could be for D2, & 16112 is my bot host port. Bot clearly says via CMD prompt that it is listening on port 16112. LMK if you need any more config settings, but no still problematic. Hell I will even PM you my server info if you want to join for yourself to see the BS firsthand.

cegha04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:38 pm »
So you've confirmed that you are able to connect to the port that the host bot should be running on? Something like
Code: [Select]
telnet [your ip] [your game port]Also is the game port in WC3 the same as the external port configured in the port forwarding?

You have me very confused on what you want me to do?

Ok telnet to what port. Game port doesn't mean shit to me. I need a number. telnet to 6112 fails. telnet to 6200 fails. telnet to 16112 with bot running on server in a made game room opens successfully but sits at a black terminal screen with no advancement. So I guess that means successful.

WC3 client game port (that you set from the W3L launcher) is 6112, the default. Yes that port is set to forward to 192.168.10.2. the server. I have no idea what you mean by "external port".

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 01:51:48 pm »
Well, it is possible that your PVPGN is registering your host bot as running on the internal IP address 192.168.x.y instead of your external IP address that players can actually join to. I don't know about PVPGN but that would be something that you have to configure in your PVPGN probably (although you could also configure your host bot to connect to the PVPGN on your external IP address instead of on LAN IP).