Author Topic: WC3Connect  (Read 10207 times)

Grief-Code

WC3Connect
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:43:30 am »
Hey,

WC3Connect is an option to join your hosted games on your hosting bot.
With you bot broadcast port and in relation to the IP and the hostingport it can parse games.
The games will be displayed to your local area with the help of a web broswer and java (probably the client need to install java).

People can join on a simple way your games and they are also able to reconnect to disconnecting games.
Furtheremore there is an option of AMH which is probably not published yet.

The sources are published first time by the owner uakf.b: https://github.com/uakfdotb/wc3connect

For any installation issues please read the closed/open issues before it should already solve all your issues.
We all would glad to hear some words from uakf.b about the AMH :-)

Best Regards

Grief-Code

Re: WC3Connect
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:48:13 am »
So i simple started a topic for this that people can locate questions etc here.
uakf.b you can modify it as you want etc, this is just a basic tree :-)

Im starting directly, are we allowed to use the full sources and publish them also on our project?
So we have a direct integration in the statspage.

I know its under GNU GP License, but i prefere to ask also ;-)
I asked this on GitHub already but it was going under on the discussion of Profforg and Mofsy :-D

Regards

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 10:22:26 am »
It looks like the new Java security might cause issues for people. Players will need to configure their Java to be placed on Medium security setting.

Grief-Code

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:31:09 pm »
No not this. Since 7.50 they need to add the wc3connect page or the domain name added to the exception or trusted pages.
I spend over  a hour to figure that finally out.

It is not really a big thing, but yea it can be annoying :-P

Grief-Code

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:51:52 am »
Small guide:
  • WinKey+Q
  • configure java + return
  • Choose tab 'security'
  • Klick on the 'Sitelist' Button on the middle of the window
  • Add the site http://yourdomain.net/ + return
  • Continue + Ok + Ok

For OHSystem: ohsystem.net
For ENT: entgaming.net
etc.

This should resolve the issues.

Regards

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:27 am »
About AMH: it sort of works but currently the antihack definitions make it crash whenever you join a LAN game, which makes it kind of useless for WC3Connect.

Grief-Code

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 09:54:10 am »
Sad to hear.
It seems to be an amazing idea, however it would be just usefull for greate communities and players who join via WC3Connect, else you would never fill games which are only hosting to WC3Connect.

If there is a way to update this and make it crashsafe it would be really great.
We are already thinking of changing some things on the Connect, just to come along. AMH is a .jar file located in your WC3dir and it will simple clean up all .mix, .dll files which shouldnt be placed there? Or does it simple reject the join if files are found?

If we would simple create a small communication to the bot and leave the decision on the bot to reject players, isnt that more stable? and General?

Regards

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 09:57:54 am »
We are already thinking of changing some things on the Connect, just to come along. AMH is a .jar file located in your WC3dir and it will simple clean up all .mix, .dll files which shouldnt be placed there? Or does it simple reject the join if files are found?
AMH does not scan any files on your computer. It is a .mix file which is loaded with Warcraft III, and will interact with WC3Connect to send packets to your host bot. The packets will change if the user has map hack loaded, which is detected by scanning Warcraft III memory (similar to what Warden does). It works well for poorly designed maphacks, although many maphacks try to hide what they do.

It sends nothing to the server besides what essentially amounts to a yes/no (although it sends this in an obfuscated way, otherwise it would be useless). This minimally interferes with the user's privacy. Probably a concerned user would be able to get AMH whitelist if they request it?

Artyom91

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 01:15:11 am »
ololo :) ___ ))) ()()()()

Artyom91

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33:59 am »
Where these files in the archive?

Code: [Select]
<APPLET CODE="net/entgaming/wc3connect/WC3Connect.class" ARCHIVE="SWC3Connect.jar" height="30" width="30">

Profforg

• Average Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 12:21:02 am »
Where these files in the archive?

Code: [Select]
<APPLET CODE="net/entgaming/wc3connect/WC3Connect.class" ARCHIVE="SWC3Connect.jar" height="30" width="30">
net/entgaming/wc3connect/WC3Connect.class is not needed. SWC3Connect.jar must be generated by yourself, follow the guide.
I'm offering most advanced Warcraft 3 bot hosting.

Feel free to contact me:
E-Mail: admin@rusdota.net

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 04:16:23 pm »
Non-English posts have been split to separate topic.

Grief-Code

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »
2 q:

1- How can i manage multiply IPs on the same server? UDP broadcast?
2- How can we coloring some gamenames, it can be made in the sources, the question is just where and maybe how, i have no knowledge on java :-)

Regards

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »
1. I think it gets the IP address from the UDP broadcast already?
2. Look for this line: String gamename = WCUtil.getTerminatedString(lbuf);

Grief-Code

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 02:44:06 am »
1 - well i have 2 addreses *.60 & *.68, all gets on port 6112 throw the first gcb, he does rebroadcast to 6113, 6114 & 6115, the result is, two other gcb's using some of the games & wc3connect.

However the IP is always *.68 no matter what.
Here two pictures:
The *.68 are all games except the DotA Bots, so the issue is on another side, only one IP is displayed and only 1 port can be used.
All my bots running in 10-steps, im starting on the dotabots also from so my setup is like this:
DotA LoD: *.68:6010 ::: DotA apso: *.60:6010
Legion TD: *68:6020 ::: DotA arso: *60:6020

I was wondering all time why wc3connect only displays me 5 of 9 running games, its actually because of the combination ip+port.
There screenshots in the attachements.

Thanks already for the help, im looking up now the second question :-)

Regards