Author Topic: GCB on Proxy?  (Read 2037 times)

eviltosen

• View Profile
GCB on Proxy?
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:41:01 pm »
Hi, can someone help me how to connect GCB with proxy?
I want to enter Russian Anime Rooms in Garena and my VPS location is in USA.

Thanks

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GCB on Proxy?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:57:53 pm »
I just set garenaX_mainhost to my proxy server, and then run a regular TCP tunnel on the proxy, e.g. using tcptunnel:
Code: [Select]
tcptunnel --local-port=7456 --remote-port=7456 --remote-host=203.117.124.8 --bind-address=0.0.0.0 --forkBetter to use something fake-threaded like go-tcptunnel though.

By setting just mainhost, this ensures that your connection to Garena authentication server is proxied, while nothing else is affected (so players connect directly).

eviltosen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 12:35:41 am »
Thanks for your quick reply, i appreciate it.
When i try to use TCPTunnel as you mentioned in your post, i got following error
build_tunnel: connect(): Connection refused

I was reading the other fourm posts and and from this topic https://www.ghostpp.com/forum/index.php?topic=278.0 i followed your SSH tunnel instructions and its working fine.

But in these both ways, we need to have a proxy server with port 7456 opened.

Isn't there any way to use public proxy server?
OR
Any other way to install VPN on OpenVZ VPS and use that VPN?

And sorry for alot of easy questions, I am new to VPS stuff :) BTW is there any other way to contact you fast?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:43:29 am by eviltosen »

uakf.b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »
Isn't there any way to use public proxy server?
Yes, it is possible to use arbitrary SOCKS5 proxy, but it would require some modifications so that the authentication server connection is proxied but the room server is not (java supports passing parameter to specify SOCKS proxy, but it would affect all outgoing TCP connections).

If you want to try modifying the source code, you can see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/net/proxies.html (the Proxy class section).
Any other way to install VPN on OpenVZ VPS and use that VPN?
It is usually possible, most providers provide a mechanism for you to enable TUN/TAP device or PPP module. I don't know much about this.
But in these both ways, we need to have a proxy server with port 7456 opened.
This is true for tcptunnel and the first SSH example in the linked post, but if you connect with SSH from the gcb server to the proxy server then there is no problem. For example:
ssh -L 7456:con3.garenaconnect.com:7456 A.B.C.DSSH client would listen on 127.0.0.1:7456, and then connections on that port would be tunneled to the remote SSH server (A.B.C.D) and then proxied to con3.garenaconnect.com:7456.
BTW is there any other way to contact you fast?
No.

eviltosen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 04:38:57 am »
Thanks for all the help,
I managed to install Tun/Tap devices on my VPS and configured a openvpn connection.

This is true for tcptunnel and the first SSH example in the linked post, but if you connect with SSH from the gcb server to the proxy server then there is no problem. For example:
ssh -L 7456:con3.garenaconnect.com:7456 A.B.C.D
Yeah, this method is also working fine, but still we need to have SSH access to the proxy server. Do you know any proxy server with ssh access? that we can use to get access to russian rooms.
OR
Maybe someone else also want a russian VPS and we all can pay together for 1 vps.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:22:20 am by eviltosen »

styler_ro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 03:16:32 pm »
Do you know any proxy server with ssh access?
free or not, just give a link pls.